After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Will there be fireworks?


Well, since it's a July 3rd party in the city, there definitely will be fireworks, but sparks may fly should I like new bf potential party attendee.

Frequent poster on my blog, "JK," is hosting a party at his condo which provides the perfect high-rise view of the fireworks. He also invited the "new guy" from his softball team for me to meet.

As I prepare for the big "meeting," any conversation tips? I mean, what if he's a dud. I know not to ask him if he wants a summer or fall wedding? I know not to ask if he wants kids. I know that he won't want to talk about shoes or purses.

Since most of my blog posters are boys, how about you boys give me some advice! Should I ask about fantasy baseball? Should I ask him to flex?

Help me out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Perry said...

Ask him what he thinks is the biggest animal he could kill with his bare hands. Guys love to talk about that stuff.

Also, ask him which super power he would rather have, flight or invisibility. The answer says a lot about the person.

8:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he says "flight" you know that he is a liar.

5:00 PM

 
Blogger Adler's Mom said...

well, if it rains and there are no fireworks on july 3rd. i have a potentially good suitor. good news - he has a very large bank account. bad news - it's because he lives at home.

10:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find out his favorite movie, tv show, then tell him it's your favorite as well(even if you've never heard of it) and let him quote lines from it all night. Nod knowingly at the quotes. Make slight changes to the dialogue he previously quoted and let him correct you. For instance, he says: "Hey Peter, what's happinin'?" You later say: "Hey Peter, what's going on?" Then he'll correct you and feel manly.

I just read the book "Faking It" and I suggest it for anyone that is meeting new people for the first time. It has all kinds of good advice on how to pass yourself off as a cultured, intellegent person that most people are not.

9:29 AM

 
Blogger The Bachelorette said...

I can't wait to read "Faking It" for it seems to be relevant to so many things related to dating...

Pretending he's interesting, pretending that you are having fun, pretending he's smart, pretending he's not disgusting...

Thanks for the tip!

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home