After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Damn split ends


Bad Hair Day #1
Many of you already know about my breakup with Roots hair salon, but for those you that don't, here's a recap.

Marty (remember over-achiever, leave-behind dater) was my hair stylist's brother in law. Let's just say it didn't work out so I really don't want her to take scissors to my hair. They're Italian and well, the "family" is real important so I don't want to mess with that. It's the risk you take when getting set up...

In search of a new hair salon, I ask the work girls. I get a glowing referral to place called J Gordon on Clark.

Appointment made. It's been 6 months since I've had a haircut so I'm ready!

Bad Hair Day #2
Last night was my hair appointment at the new place with the new stylist. I was expecting to pay a little more, sit in the chair a little longer explaining my do, but what I wasn't expecting was my ex-bf's new gf to be my new stylist!

Yes, I'm serious.

Old bf's new gf is now holding the scissors. Of all the salons, stylists in this supposedly big city, I just happen to be in her chair waiting to get my hair cut!

We'd met briefly a week before at a street fest where I had the pleasure of meeting up with him and new gf. (If only I'd had a really good looking red head to introduce, it wouldn't have been such a big deal!)

I don't think it's possible to overstate the irony of this! So please, feel bad for me and all of my coincidental happenings and find me a date! Wouldn't it be fun if my ex-bf were to run into me with my new bf?

You know the answer to that...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are you kidding?! I seriously can't believe your luck. This is bad hair karma. Maybe you need to go to hair school so you can just do your own hair! I hope she at least did a good job!

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Perry said...

This is ironic. The things outlined in the song "Ironic" however, are not ironic! They just suck. Then again, this could just suck too.

10:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa-I am so sorry! I can't believe how unbelievable that is! I really like my hair styist and its near your house as I am assuming you are no longer attending J Gordon and need a new referral!! Meghan

9:04 AM

 
Blogger The Daly's said...

I think this just means you are meant to write a book! Have you seen this site? looks kind of fun... http://www.greatboyfriends.com/index.php

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home