After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I gained a little insight last night


What do guys talk about? Doesn't every girl want to know? When two good guy friends hangout (at a Cubs game) for a couple of hours, what could they possibly talk about?

Assumptions I'd made:
- Fantasy baseball
- Hot chicks (as they walk by)
- Fantasy football
- The a-hole at work
- Fantasy baseball

Turns out, their conversations are a lot more like girl conversations than I thought! I sat next to two 30 somethings that allowed me to eavesdrop the entire night. I was cracking up. They sounded like two chicks, but with longer breaks of silence between topics!

Reality check -- this is what they actually talked about:
- Working out
After 7 innings of looking at Derek Lee, one guys said, "I bet D Lee does a lot of lunges. I should do more lunges" His friend's reply, "No, you should do more squats. D Lee definitely does squats"

- Food
After getting their second helping of nachos, one guy said to the other, "I went to this great place the other night, where they serve small plates. I thought it would be gay, but it was really good and I wasn't too full when I was done so I could drink more." His friend said, "Did you drink wine too?"

- Making plans
One guy said, "You should come over with your girlfriend next weekend, we could grill out." His response, "Can I bring her parents? They always make me pay when we all go out."

- Exes
"Remember Suzie? Well, I heard she got married. Good for her." His friend, "Poor guy."

- Gaining weight
"Do you really think squats would work to help me drop a few? The friend said, "Yah, look at D Lee!"

- Girls
"We hired two new chicks at work." The friends expected response, "Are they hot?"
"Not bad, one has a boyfriend, the other is really young."

I did learn from these same two guys that if they had even one more friend with them that the conversation would be totally be different -- it's only acceptable two guys by themselves to talk about that stuff, but in a group, no way.

Interesting.


3 Comments:

Blogger Adler's Mom said...

This has got to be one of your best posts yet. I loved the recap on the "guys" conversation! Can't believe no one else has commented on this!

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that was a great post. What you didn't realize is you accidentally overheard two obvious closeted homosexuals. I have never once discussed the nuances between a lunge and a squat, nor attributed such activities to baseball players. The last time I spoke about a Cubs player with a male friend was when we were watching the game and I said, "Goddamn that Mark Grace must get a shitload of poontang". The friend's response, "Fuckin' A right".

4:03 PM

 
Blogger The Bachelorette said...

Please refrain, brewmaster, from using such foul language on my blog :)

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home