After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Marty did the "leave behind" date


So, as many of you know, I finally upgraded to a big girl TV! But, every time you upgrade, there's that annoying thing about setting up all the other things that hook up to the TV. Enter Marty. (Every once in a while, a girl needs to use a guy for utility!)

He said he wanted to set it all up for me, so I let him. I got carry-out for us and sat at my computer while he mumbled behind the TV tangled in the various cords hooking up my Tivo, DVD, cable, etc.

Of course the power goes out on my block of Lakeview. So, I'm in the dark with a guy that I barely know unable to hookup my TV! Why do these things happen to me? Thankfully, there were only a few awkward moments and the power was back on -- no need for a spontaneous romantic candlelight dinner!

So, now it's midnight and I'm pushing him out the door -- I have to get up early to do a training run. He leaves, I admire my TV and I notice a DVD on my new TV stand. Sneaky, sneaky. Very George Castanza-esque that Marty is. Leaving something at my house so there's a reason to come back. Nice try.

Not sure when or if they'll be another date with the TV repairman, but the movie is mine now. Finders Keepers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the DVD?

3:46 PM

 
Blogger The Bachelorette said...

Kind of funny, it was "The Jerk!"

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home