After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What happened to flirting?


Do boys over 30 remember how to flirt?

Here's a quick definition - flirt, verb, to pay amorous attention to someone without serious intentions or emotional commitment; a play at love

It's taken me how many dates to figure out what's missing with the over 30 crowd! They are reluctant flirters. The 20 somethings are so much better at it. For instance, Scott Bailey (remember him?), my 25 year old Cubs boyfriend, he was a genius flirter. In fact, he was so good that I thought he liked me. Maybe I needed a definition refresher - "without serious intentions or emotional commitment."

Anyway, that's what I'm looking for! Can they just flirt a little? Marty is great. Date #2 was fun, but something was missing. No worries, he's going to get another chance. He's planning a date with a little less loud music, drunk Irishmen and Mardi Gras beads. Three dates – there better be some flirting or I'm going to bat my eyelashes at Seth, Sean, Mike or Nevin!

Stay tuned to here more about this week's dates! Here's my schedule:
- Thursday is a date with Sean
- Friday is an informal "meeting" of Seth
- Next week, Date #3 with Marty & Date #1 with Mike
- Still waiting to see if Nevin wants to advance to round 2

2 Comments:

Blogger Adler's Mom said...

wow! marty is making it to date number three. glad you blog for my own selfish reasons - it helps me to keep up with your dating life!

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you are a busy girl. Good for you. I think it's the Spring of Lisa! Love must be in the air...

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home