After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm a dating machine this week!


HA – I'm kidding. But seriously, I went on a date Monday, Tuesday and then came to work on Wednesday to find this email waiting for me. Don't be discouraged if you want to win my contest, I still need to fulfill the quantity portion of the contest. Remember what I said, lots of frogs need to be kissed before I find the right guy!
Below is a pretty interesting email ask out that I thought I'd share from a boy that my friend Katie met at a bar...


HI,
My name is (had to remove real name)...the guy who was out with your friend Katie the other night.She gave me your e-mail and thought we should meet for a drink such as coffee, tea or a shot of whiskey. I know you must be skeptical about some random person e-mailing you but what I can tell you about me is that I am 5-11, brown hair, blue eyes, good physical shape and grew up in Northbrook which is a suburb of Chicago. I am nice according to my mom, I don't own a Speedo bathing suite and I know 2 magic tricks. You may not find me to be your type or vice versa but I figure It never hurts to meet new people.
If you are interested in getting together you can e-mail me or text your
number or you can give me a call at (no real numbers, duh!).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm the first to respond. I was reading and all of a sudden a new entry popped up.

Anyway, the email ask out worked for me when I sent one to Margaret. I have to admit, mine was much more witty and charming though. Maybe he's better in person...

Good luck, and we missed you at kickball. =(

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Perry said...

Two magic tricks! I hope one of them isn't the one where you make a card disappear and it ends up in your pants. That used to kill with the girls in college.

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Adler's Mom said...

So that's what you've been up to lately? I had to read your blog to find out since you/I have been MIA for awhile. I'm back in the game though. Like the man in the uniform but love the fact that this email guy can do magic tricks although Perry may be jealous. He also said you could text him! Does he know you or what?

Tonight...I am coming up with my verbiage for Eric and Kathy to follow up on Anne's email.

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home