After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ewwww...

The red head may have passed the birthday test, but he certainly did not pass the damsel in distress test. Here's what happened.
The biggest bug in America (see photo - I had to show it because it's so scary!) decided to move into my apartment. Not a crunchy cockroach. A many-legged creepy crawler actually. And, not somewhere where I could stomp on it and be done with it either. The creepy crawler was in my bedroom above my bed on the ceiling, near the ceiling fan, nearly 12 feet feet from the ground.

There are two problems with this situation.

1. There is absolutely no way I'm going to bed while that thing is on the ceiling.
2. Even if I were to grin and bear it, I can't turn on the ceiling fan because it would fling leggy onto my bed.

It's summer, I need the fan on. It's nearly midnight, I need to go to bed.

So, I called the red head, it wasn't that late and he only lives 5 blocks away so it should have been an easy, "Sure, I'll come over and kill the bug!"

NOPE.

He said, "No Lisa, it's just a bug, kill it and go to bed!" So, I hung up on him and went to sleep on the couch. I woke up every hour from either a "concerned call" from him or the nightmare of thinking that creepy crawler was coming to get me.

I'll forgive him, but the next time he's "sick" -- boys are so dramatic when they are sick -- I will tell him to suck it up and get some soup.

Girls, am I right -- boys are the biggest babies when they are sick?

12 Comments:

Blogger 00 said...

Dump him - in this day in age the only two reasons we really need a guy is to open jars, and kill bugs. Actually, a 24-hour bug killing service sounds like a great business plan.

10:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU LADIES ARE ALL MEN-HATERS

8:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. The bug is really scary...I might have had to leave the premises.
2. He should have come to kill it.
3. Men are babies when they are sick, trust me I am soon to have 3!

8:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Please........kill your own bug! I remember back in the days of Orchard and Diversey it was every man/woman for themself. Did you REALLY want him to come over to kill the bug...or were you looking for a booty call?

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Adler's Mom said...

ha..i like leigh ann's comment. i agree about bug killing...it's tom's job to kill spiders. i hate them. and when tom isn't around i still call my dad. i remember last year, i stayed at his house and there was a spider in my room. i called him to kill it - it got away and i thought was in my stuff - i don't think i ever yelled at him as much as i did that night thinking that this spider was crawling through my clothes because he didn't just kill it. anyway, to answer your question - yes, the world seems to stop when guys are sick. when women are sick, we have to suck it up and carry on because people depend on us.

11:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Lisa have to take the red heads side. If you can run 4 miles through a pitch black forest in the middle of the night I think you can handle a little bug.

JK

10:20 AM

 
Blogger The Bachelorette said...

I wish that were true, JK, but that bug was so incredibly nasty! I would rather run through the forest in the middle of the night then try to sleep through the night with that thing above my head. At least in the forest, I was afraid of the unknown!

4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should invest in one of those bug vacuums then.

8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the ladies, bug killing is definitely a boys job. As a fellow both camping hater and bug phobic, there are no doubts in my mind about either one. I am shocked that you didn't leave the house and tell him, "I am coming over" because those millipede things are the worst! But still, I say, don't dump him, he will learn! As far as boys when they are sick, the biggest babies!! I don't know what I will do when both the hubby and the baby are sick at the same time!
Meghan

7:33 AM

 
Blogger Perry said...

Bugs need to be killed!? That's ridiculous. That centipede up there was kindly patrolling your bedroom for the more insidious roaches and bed bugs and this is the thanks he gets? It's an outrage.

Killing bugs. It just makes me sick. No I'm not sure I can get anything done for the rest of the day. Where's my wife when I need her?

8:52 AM

 
Blogger 00 said...

Okay Sister – your blog postings are becoming less and less of an occurrence. Could the redhead a potential to end this contest? We need an update Missy!

7:56 PM

 
Blogger The Bachelorette said...

Thanks Leigh Ann for reminding me that I need to be a better blogger! I think that I was afraid of that damn bug still so I knew logging in would force me to see it.

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home