After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Friday, January 19, 2007

Volunteering for a cause! (my cause)


If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that "volunteering is a nice way to meet people..."

So, I'm going to try it out. I'm volunteering all day tomorrow at the Cubs Convention. Hmmm...I like baseball. I like baseball players. I like a certain Cubs player, Matt Murton. He even made the visual highlight of one of my posts. Unfortunately, my mother called to let me know that he was busy in the off season. Busy getting MARRIED! So, there goes that idea. Too late to get out of volunteering now so I guess I'll go and look for a guy that has season tickets and a lot of time on his hands to hang out at the convention!

This will serve as the true test -- will there be a lot of other women there under the same false pretenses hoping to meet Mr. Right. I'd be happy with Mr. Right Now to be honest. Winter is boring. I need to find a date soon!

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adler's Mom said...

So how did it go? Did you find Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now? I think 2007 is going to be a lucky year for you and once I'm back, I plan on winning this contest:)

10:31 PM

 
Blogger The Daly's said...

What about Skiing this weekend - there could be some cute guys from Chicago skiing for the weekend!

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home