After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Monday, June 19, 2006

Another weekend has come and gone...


...and all I got was a BACKSTAGE PASS TO MADONNA! Ok, well it wasn't that cool, but I did get to go with three friends to tour backstage and see her changing rooms, her makeup, her guitars and her crew of about 250 British men.

Once again, I find myself taking the advice of my married friends and family -- "you gotta go where the fish are." I went fishing this weekend. I went to a Cubs game on Friday, Taste of Randolph on Saturday and the Madonna show on Sunday. (Ok, well no straight men were at Madonna), but I was definitely out there. The hightlight...meeting a Brit that works for Madonna and going backstage. Other than that, nothin.

This is where you come in, people. I'm going to continue to tell me all the ways in which I'm trying to go about meeting someone until one of you comes through with a date or two! Get busy, ladies!

♥ MUST HAVE #4: A sense of humor. It sort of goes without saying, but let's not consider any guys that can't take a joke, make a joke or get a joke!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 6 year old nephew saw your blog and wants to set you up with his uncle Troy. I know you have already met, but he meets all of the requirements and is still available. We'll be at Justin's tonight in the beer garden to try and spark a romance. Regardless, Mason would also like to be your ring bearer...

9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lis - I think I have a live one for you! I believe he meets all of your "must haves" (at least so far!) plus a few more - - he is cute, owns his own home, is in touch with his feminine side (but not too much, if you know what I mean) and fun. The wrinkle is that I have never met him (query: does this mean I can still win the prize?), but he comes highly recommended from a friend at work (its her boyfriend's friend). What do you think? Can I give him your digits?

4:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be rude, but why would you think that the number of weddings you've been to or the number of bridesmaid's you've been somehow qualifies you for instant coupledom? And more importantly, why is coupledom so damn attractive? I love my husband, I love our 16 month old boy, but I long for the days of dating freedom too. Don't be sure that the grass BE GREENER over here, miss thang.

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home