After more than 50 bridal showers, 30 bachelorette parties, 80 weddings and 15 baby showers, it's not about you, my friends, any more. It's all about me. Check my blog for clues on whom I'd like to live happily ever after with. Each day, you need to think -- "Hmmm...would he be right for Lisa?" Then, when the right guy comes to mind, set me up! But, let's keep the contest between us girls (and select boys that are allowed to view my desperation).

Monday, June 12, 2006

Welcome friends!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Most of you have heard my plan to host this contest, but I needed something to motivate me to get it going (as if 80 weddings weren't enough). This weekend I found it. After another date with a sub-25 year old "boy," I realized that I can't keep up. I don't do kegstands any more. I don't have 4 roommates any more. I graduated college in the 90s! So, I need your help. I'm excited to meet a whole bunch of "men," not "boys" and find THE ONE. Yes, that's right, you read right. I'm ready. Some of you thought I'd never give up on Durkin's as my dating breeding ground, but...I have. I've tried speed dating, I play extracurricular sports (hard to believe I know) and I've even given my real phone number to boys that I've met, but it's all been pretty disappointing so far. Each entry will include a "must have" for my future mate. You can decide how seriously to take them all as you consider my husband of choice.


Your assignment this week is think of some prize ideas for the winner. Winner is someone that sets me up and I date the guy for more than 3 months! Don't worry, there will be other prizes along the way for "Best First Date (to Date)," "Best Dressed Date," or "Cheapest Date." -- the list goes on!

♥ Must Have #1
Let's start with the basics (I've done enough writing today). A JOB. HE NEEDS TO BE EMPLOYED.

3 Comments:

Blogger Perry said...

That's great! I love the set-up. Inquiring bloggers want to know. And you've already got your first international fan. You are so finding a hubby.

2:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beauty of Lisa is that she's not one of those nut-case needy chicks, ready to define herself by her mate. She's just fun - I'm not sure where employed, older men hang out, but I'm going to start looking!

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Nacho Libre said...

Lisa... think. You've just completely eliminated all of entrepreneurs out there that sold their companies at 27, made a trillion dollars, and now live a life of luxury hanging out at fine establishments like Byron's Hot Dogs and the Golden Nugget Pancake House.

Oh wait... that's just me.

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home